Aug 27, 2011

Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa Review




I was lucky enough to get an early copy of the Iron Knight and let me tell you—it did not disappoint. After being completely enamored with the first three books in the Iron Fey series I didn’t think it could get any better. I was wrong. This book was not only just as good as the others, but even better. I laughed, I cried, my heart raced with fear, the tension in some parts caused me to hold my breath. And then there’s that twist that completely threw me off. It was incredibly unexpected! Just when we think that there’s nothing left to surprise us with; Julie proves us wrong.

The story starts off with Ash and Puck searching for Grimalkin. When they find him they go on a journey to search for a way to make Ash human again so that he can be with Meghan (the Iron Queen) without withering away in the Iron Realm. Although the book is told from Ash’s point of view it wasn’t only about him. We got to see a lot of Puck, and the other characters. Actually, it wasn’t until this book that I really started to love Puck! I felt like this book showed a side of him that the other three didn’t.  At first, from books 1 though 3, I was strictly team Ash…but, towards the end of the Iron Knight I became both Team Ash and Team Puck because I realized that both characters were equally loveable in different ways. So much of Ash’s character and true self was portrayed in this book that it made me love him ten times more than I did in the last book.

Although I am sad to see the Iron Fey series end, I was really satisfied with the way it ended. It was a world-wind of emotions for me, and probably one of the most memorable books I’ve read all year. The Iron Knight was a stunning conclusion to the Iron Fey series, and a book you’re sure never to forget.

This book is a must read!





Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. I've been looking a good new YA series to get into, and hadn't heard of the Iron Fey before; they sound good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah - I read the first one, but haven't picked up the others. Now you make me think I need to get going on the series. As if there's not enough in my TBR pile!! Thanks for the convincing recommendation though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well actually it was the second book that made me like the series. The first one was okay --don't stop there Jessie, it gets better trust me. Lol.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I need a new series...actually I don't. My TBR pile is overflowing but I'm always looking for more in the YA read...Thanks for sharing. I've heard a lot about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very hard to find out how to leave a comment.
    I just wanted to say that I find your layout impressive and that I hope you can solidify your dreams into someone more tangible.
    As is the creative responsibility of all mankind.
    You seem to be on your way with that. ;D
    I'd love to cross paths with you on a regular basis, come around my corner some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MyTriksterGod - Thank you! Welcome to my blog. Always excited to see new people here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOSH! That is soooo true! I really liked Ash and Puck in the first three books, but I was on Team Ash. But while I was reading Iron Knight, I can't say that my Team Ash-ness never swayed. Lol. Well, this is not really the end of the series! Julie Kagawa has confirmed that it's gonna have a spin-off! It's about Ethan! I can't wait! Pluuuuussss!! The novellas are going to be published, plus PLUS, another bonus story with be the novellas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails