Jun 6, 2010

Hourglass REVIEW



After escaping from Evernight Academy, the vampire boarding school where they met, Bianca and Lucas seek refuge with Black Cross, an elite group of vampire hunters. Bianca must hide her supernatural heritage or risk certain death at their hands. But when Black Cross captures her friend--the vampire Balthazar--all her secrets threaten to come out.Soon, Bianca and Lucas have orchestrated Balthazar's escape and are on the run, pursued not only by Black Cross, but by the powerful leaders of Evernight. Yet no matter how far they run, Bianca can't escape her destiny.Bianca has always believed their love could survive anything--but can it survive what's to come?

Plot: The pacing of this book was done very well. Each scene had just the right amount of conflict to catch my interest and make me want to read the next one. And the breathtaking cliffhanger left me with burning curiosity. I can’t wait for the next book!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Characters:The characters were very well-developed in this volume of Evernight. I found myself relating to some of the situations that the characters were going through. And the strong bond between Lucas and Bianca was just amazing.
★ ★ ★ ★

Writing:The writing for this book was superb. I never had to reread a sentence I felt was worded awkwardly—which is extremely good. Gray also uses a wide range of vocabulary that even teens could easily grasp.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Setting: There were many settings in Hourglass; some were temporary so we didn’t really get a great visual of them
★ ★ ★ ★

Cover: The cover is unique and definitely eye catching. The colors of grey and pink never looked so great together
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Overall:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Recommendation:
I recommend Hourglass to anyone who has read books 1 and 2. This is actually my favorite book from this series.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails