Jan 21, 2011

Once In A Full Moon Review

Release Date: December 2010

Publisher: HarperTeen

Author: Ellen Schreiber


Beware of a kiss under the full moon. It will change your life forever.


I was really surprised when I read this book because I was expecting the writing style to be similar to the Vampire Kisses series (also written by Ellen Schreiber) but it was totally different. The only thing that remained the same was the short length of her books. It was a bit slow at first so I kept putting it aside but once things started to pick up in pace I read through the rest in one sitting.

Although I liked her narrative voice, throughout the book Celeste makes choices that didn’t make very much sense to me, especially where her “friends” are involved. Celeste’s friends want her to continue to date an arrogant guy she doesn’t even like and if she doesn’t Celeste is afraid that she’ll lose their friendship. She falls in love with Brandon, who turns out to be a werewolf. Well, he doesn’t really turn into a werewolf; he just grows a very long “goatee”. She can’t be seen dating Brandon though because he’s from the wrong side of town, and her friends wouldn’t approve. It has a very West Side Story feel to it.

The ending was…well, it wasn’t really an ending. Out of all the books that had abrupt story endings this one takes the cake. If you ever read it you’ll know what I mean. So if you want a quick read about a human who falls for a werewolf then this is the book for you. I hadn’t enjoyed it all that much, but you might.

Plot: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Characters: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Writing: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dialogue: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Overall: ★ ★   ★
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails