Jan 3, 2011

Rings, Elves, & Hobbits...


In my quest to become a more well rounded reader I brought the complete set of The Lord of the Rings this weekend. It's just over a thousand pages and I don't even know where to start. I feel like the last person on the planet who hasn't read any of Tolkien's work (or seen the movies). I'm planning on taking my time reading this over the summer rather than trying to rush through it now.


This is just about all I know about LOTR:

1) There's a character named Frudo...or was it Frodo?


2) He finds a ring


3) The ring is evil and needs to be destroyed


4) Frodo/Frudo is a hobbit


5) There are elves involved


6) There's this old man who kind of reminds me of Dumbledore


7) There is a videogame for it (which I own but never played before)

Pitiful, isn’t it? Any LOTR fans want to clue me in on some facts I might need to know before starting this?

Thanks,

~Ez
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails