Jan 12, 2011

Undecided



How many of you stick to just one genre? My main genre is YA & paranormal, though some of my books are just contemporaryYA, about teenagers going through hard stuff. It’s easy for me to write in that genre because I can relate to it so much. But then lately I’ve been having thoughts of writing a historical. I’ve written a lot of them when I was in elementary school (my stories were very fairytale-ish at the time) and I find that my voice comes out a lot stronger in that genre.

I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to settle with just one genre, so right now I’m just trying all sorts of different things. I’m trying to figure out who I am as a writer, and at the same time looking for genre that I think will fit me best. But you know when you say that you should write in the genre that you love? I don’t think that’s entirely true. I know lots of writer friends who love a genre that they don’t feel very comfortable writing in, and work better with another. Even if it were entirely true it still wouldn't really apply to me. I'm not a very picky reader and love almost all genres. I can't really say whether I like a book or not unless I actually read it first.

So what about you? Do you just stick to just one genre?
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails