Jan 5, 2011

♪Writing to Music♫

In a poll I asked you “Do You Listen To Music While You Write?” The responses were interesting, and not what I was expecting.


14 of you said “Yes! All the time”

3 of you said “No, it’s distracting”

15 of you said “sometimes”

And 1 said “Once in a blue moon”

My answer would be sometimes. Sometimes it’s easier for me to touch the creative side of my brain when I’m listening to music, other times silence does the trick. Some of my best writing I do when I’m listening to music. Once I get into a trance my brain takes over my hands I can type for long periods of time without stopping. Even though I absolutely love writing to music I try not to do it too much because I wouldn’t want to feel like I can’t write without it.

As for what types of songs I listen to—all kinds. I have everything from classical to rock. It just has to be catchy enough for me to get me into the zone.

What songs do you listen to when you write? Do you stick to just one type, or are you like me and listen to all kinds? I know when I first started to listen to music while writing the only thing I would listen to was classical. It started when I was listening to the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack when I suddenly had an uncontrollable urge to write down an idea that struck me. Once I started I didn’t stop until 2 whole hours later. It was a-ma-zing! ;)

Here's the link to one of the songs from the sountrack. It’s called “Your Hands Are Cold”.

This one is my current favorite: Moonlight by Yiruma



Enjoy the song! :)
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails