Jun 13, 2011

♫ Music Monday—Rolling in The Deep ♪

I haven’t done Music Monday in months. So far (according to the poll) I found out that 49% of you write to music all the time. 13 % of you find writing to music distracting. 32 % of you listen to music while writing occasionally, and 4 % of you do only once in a blue moon.

To the 13 % who find it distracting, try it out sometime! Listen to some instrumental or classical music. Sometimes just listening to the sounds (without words) can help you write more without the distraction. :)

This week’s MM is Rolling in the Deep by Adele.



♫ To view past Music Mondays click here.
Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

  1. I love Adele. Great tips on the classical and instrumental. I sometimes find music distracting too. Sometimes. I can work through it sometimes. But I can work through classical and instrumental. I turn on Pandora and have a station for Carter Burwell (he did the Twilight score) and I'm good for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song is amazing! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite songs! I listen to it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "Rolling in the Deep" although they play it way too much on the radio so I'm kinda sick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Peony- I know what you mean. It's on ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Adele :) Although, I will say I'm with Peony in that its played too much, and I like Someone Like You SOOOOO much better!!

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that song, too, and I've heard it so many times lately. :) I think I voted that I listen to music when I write, and I also recommend it to writers who haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Adele! This whole album is incredible. If you're getting ready to write an emotional scene, listen to "Set Fire to the Rain." That will get you pumped.

    I find music distracting when I try to write, especially the lyrics. However, classical/instrumental music can be nice background ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Phil- That's a wonderful way to describe classical/instrumental music with writing! "Background ambience"

    It really changes the whole experience of writing just by having it on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I <3 this song. I also really like the acapella version that they did on Glee (they made it into a male/female duet). I also do a music feature on my blog too, but with every post. I love music recommendations!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails