Sep 24, 2011

A Beautiful Dark ARC Review

A BEAUTIFUL DARK was a delightful read! I have to say out of all the previous books I’ve read with Angels that this one is the most unique. Unlike the others this book isn’t just about fallen angels—there’s a twist. It starts off with the protagonist, Skye, turning sixteen. Her friends throw her a surprise party and there she meets two strange boys who are polar opposites of each other. Asher is dark and cynical, Devin is stoic and fair and they are constantly fighting or arguing over something.

Skye can’t seem to shake the two boys from her life. From the day of the party they seem to be everywhere she goes. Instead of this story being about fallen angels this is about two very different types of angels who hate each other. And somehow Skye is connected with whatever is going on with the two sides. When Skye learns the secret of her birth everything she’s ever known feels like a lie.

Skye is an awesome protagonist, and the suspense of the novel had me eagerly flipping through the pages. The only character that kind of confused me at some parts was Asher. Sometimes he’s nice and other times he’s not so nice. The ending was a complete cliffhanger! but I felt like it ended in the right place. There are some things I wished had made more sense by the end but overall it was an enjoyable read. I’ll definitely be looking out for the 2nd book in the series.  




Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I love when authors make the effort to be original.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this review. I wasn't convinced I'd pick it up just b/c it's angel an book, but I think I'll have to give it a chance now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Giselle- I love that as well. It's one of the things I liked best about the book.

    @Jessie- It's a really good read! I think you'd like it since we seem to have pretty similar tastes in books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Colorado setting (oh wait, I live in Colorado). Yeah, it's nice to have the Rocky Mountains be included in a story since I love them so much. I will admit that the geography of the story bugged me, though. It was a fictional town but it referenced real ones. I kept trying to place it somewhere in the state. The long drive of the ski trip was what threw me. I'm just not sure where you could be in this lovely state to have to drive all day to a ski resort. But that aside, I loved the setting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails