Dec 10, 2011

♪ Romance Plots in Dystopian Novels ♫

I feel like Rihanna's song "We Found Love" sums up the romance plot of every dystopian novel I've ever read.

Here are some of the lyrics:
 
Yellow diamonds in the light
And we're standing side by side
As your shadow crosses mine
What it takes to come alive
It's the way I’m feeling I just can't deny
But I've gotta let it go
We found love in a hopeless place ( Repeats 5 times)
Love and life I will divide
Turn away cause I need you more
Feel the heartbeat in my mind


I was particularily thinking of Juliette and Adam from SHATTER ME sitting in that dark prison cell together. They found love in a "hopeless place" and they're sitting "side by side".

"Turn away cause I need you more" could mean that Juliette is afraid of touching Adam because she knows her touch is lethal and she doesn't want to kill him. She tells him to turn away because she might accidently slip and touch him--causing his death--which is a big no no. ;)
What dystopian novel do you think of when you hear this song?

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. A lethal touch, hmmm, now that would be a bad problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought the song would be perfect for The Hunger Games. I really like this song and find myself singing it at random times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails