Feb 24, 2013

REVIEW: "Unravel Me" by Tahereh Mafi

UNRAVEL ME (Shatter Me # 2)
by Tahereh Mafi
Pages: 461
Publisher: Harper Collins
Release Date: February 5th, 2013
Rating: *4 stars*
   
Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance. She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch. Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible. In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life. 

How I was unraveled by Unravel Me...
I can’t even put into words what I felt when after reading the last page of Unravel Me, but I will try. One thing I felt for sure was that was that I could never go back to being Team Adam again after reading Unravel Me. No matter how nice or sweet or perfect he is. Ever since I read the e-novella, Destroy Me, I knew that I would love Warner. He just cares so much for Juliette, like she was essential to his breathing or something. I just feel like it’s not the same with Adam. I don’t know, I’m kind of torn between the two because they’re both so great but Warner just takes the romance plot to this series on to a whole new level.  At this point I hardly care for any horrible thing he did in the past especially after reading the e-novella. He always had a good reason for what he did – even if the decision was a tough one to make, and I respect him for that. I think he’s brave, and different, and completely right for Juliette.

Wow, I cannot believe that just happened…
Another thing I felt a lot of while reading Unravel Me was “Wow, I can’t believe that just happened.” I can’t believe half the stuff in this book happened. Also, half the time I could hardly understand Juliette’s angst. I think she gets too nervous too fast, too anxious, too emotional. Her emotions were all over the place all of the time. At one point I just wanted to make her stop. And the plot twister! Whoa, boy did I not see that coming. The only thing that ticked me off about this book was how the entire plot centered around Juliette’s love life and then occasionally “yeah...um, there’s a war going on. We have to prepare um. *insert make out scene* *insert angst-filled love scene* Yeah but on top of all that making out...oh yeah there’s a war.” Come on! There’s got to be more to this books substance than just the romance no matter how adorable and cute I thought it was.

Oh Juliette, wherefore art thou…
Juliette’s character in general just ticked me off. Kenjie would try so hard to snap some sense into her, but she would completely forget everything he told her in the next scene. I mean sometimes I thought her character was cute and misguided and not willing to trust, but then most of the time she was just self-pitying how awful she thought her life was and I got annoyed by how much she kept on having to repeat how she was not a monster. Overall, I loved this book. The writing was gorgeous in its own unique way. I recommend it 100 times over. It’s addictive, (although slightly annoying) but still REALLY addictive. Shatter Me fans go out and get this a.s.a.p! 



Add to goodreads [Click here]

Buy Links:




Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. This info is worth everyone's attention. How can I find out more?

    My page; Read

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails