Nov 22, 2013

REVIEW: Losing It by Cora Carmack

LOSING IT (Losing It #1)

Author: Cora Carmack
Pages: 204
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
ISBN: 0062273248
Rating: 3.5
Virginity. Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible—a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half a brain would ever believe...


This book and Faking It, also by Cora Carmack, were my first real dip into the New Adult genre and I must say that it has really grown on me.

Bliss Edwards is a girl who is ready to make new transitions in her life – one of them being to lose her virginity. She’s the only one of her college friends who is still a virgin and she’s determined to lose it before she graduates. One night she almost comes close to accomplishing her mission with an extremely hot guy she met at a bar, but then when her brain tells her she is still not ready she makes a quick excuse to get away. And then she finds out he’s her theater professor in college. And, oh boy do things heat up from there!

This book has many funny and quirky moments! I thought the side characters were a bit predictable and cardboard but the main characters were pretty interesting. And of course British guys in novels forever and always remain my weakness.

Maybe it was because I read Faking It first but I just could not get into Losing It. There was something about it that was too similar to every other contemporary novel I've ever read and the plot toward the end sort of just fell into a puddle. Although I’m all for resolutions I felt like the end kind of dragged out too long. I hope, like with the second book in this series, the novels keep getting better with each new volume.


Goodreads [Click here]
Amazon [Click here]



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails