Apr 23, 2011

Spellbound ARC Review


Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release date: July 2011

Life hasn’t been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Conner, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she’s irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight. But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can’t stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma’s been having the oddest dreams. Visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.





I was completely spellbounded by Spellbound. It was one of those really rare books that clicked with me right from the beginning. After having a taste of what the author's voice was like I had a feeling that I was going to love this book. The male lead Brendan is on top of my list for swoon-worthy YA chracters. He has this mix of being perfect and completely normal at the same time. And I really liked Emma who was brave, quirky, and smart throughout the story. Out of all the other books I’ve read in the past about reincarnated star-crossed lovers this one is my favorite. The characters were all intriguing, the plot was fast paced, and the authors voice was truly mesmerizing. I didn't feel like the end of the book was really the end. It didn't feel climatic enough to me. Although most people seem to think this is a stand-alone book I'm more than sure that it isn't. With that said, I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Should you read Spellbound when it comes out in July 2011? I read this book in one sitting, and I have plans to read it a second or third time.This book is a must read!


Buy from: [ Amazon ]



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails