Apr 16, 2013

REVIEW: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

Title: The ETERNITY CURE (Blood of Eden # 2)
Author: Julia Kagawa
Pages: 446
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: 30 April 2013
ISBN: 0373210698
Rating: *4 stars*
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally. Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.



The ETERNITY CURE is not for the light-hearted, that’s for sure. My heart stopped so many times while reading this it is a wonder I never got dizzy. Allie is a kick-butt heroine who does a lot of self-discovery in this book. Despite her being a vampire and attacking humans for blood the way any other legitimate vampire would I always felt like Allie always had her humanity intact. Allie took Kanin’s words to heart about choosing what type of monster she wanted to become.

What I had problems with…
The beginning of The Eternity Cure is slow. Like, brain dead slow. At one point I was even tempted to skip ahead, that’s how frustrated I was. But gosh, I am SO happy, I didn't stop reading there because the second half of the book was so brilliantly woven , fast-paced, and darn amazing that it completely made up for the beginning. So if you’re reading this book and you’re wondering why nothing is going anywhere – keep going! Trust me when I say it gets so much better and you’ll be finishing the rest of it in a sitting like I did.

What I loved…
Allie’s relationship with Zeke warmed my heart. Sometimes I wish certain parts of the book were written in Zeke’s POV instead because I often wonder what’s going on in his head. Jackel lightened the mood of the story and though his comments were often crass and demeaning I found myself agreeing with him when he actually had something sane to say. I love his sister-brother relationship with Allie and am curious to see how that develops in the next book.

AHHHHH the ending…
My mind = blown. That’s all I have to say about it. That and I need to read the next book as soon as humanely possible so I could figure out what the heck is going on. ><

Overall thoughts…
Put together action-packed fighting, psychotic vampires, a crazy virus on the loose, delicious plot twists and you get the heart-pounding sequel. Fans of The Immortal Rules do not want to miss The ETERNITY CURE.

On a side note:
I think the cover model for Allie looks pretty amazing! So glad they changed the cover! 




Goodreads [click here]

Amazon [click here]

The Book Depository [click here]




Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Great review! It's awesome to see so many positive reviews of this one today. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype of book one but I'm glad it was almost as good and that you enjoyed it!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Is A Time Of Digitization, We Offer You Programming(11562)

    With Best PHP Programming It Is Best, It Is Cheapest,
    We Are Introducing Now The New Techniques Of PHP Programming,
    Viruses & Hacker Now Should Be Forget You Site
    For More Details www.bestonlinejob.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review. I should start this series soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails