Jun 14, 2013

REVIEW: The Elite by Kiera Cass

THE ELITE (The Selection # 2)
Author: Kiera Cass
Pages: 323
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: 23 April 2013
ISBN: 0062059963
Rating: *3 stars*
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea. America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share...

The Selection = Awesome, The Elite…
I absolutely loved reading The Selection. The whole find-the-princess bachelor thing was really interesting, and I liked America and Maxon enough to care what happened to them in the next book. I thought their relationship was adorable. I also liked how America wasn't falling all over Maxon the moment she met him. However, after reading The Elite I no longer care about either America or Maxon. In fact, I can’t stand either of them.  

The romance, the confusion, the indecisiveness
All I can say is for the love of god make up your mind, America! I can't go through a whole other book of "I love Maxon. No wait, I love Aspen! No wait Maxon! Don’t leave me." It gets really annoying after awhile. I also disliked how she thought it was completely okay for her to cheat all she wanted and had the audacity to blow up when [insert love interest] did it! And I am so tired of Maxon making excuses for what he did. Being a prince doesn't excuse you from being a complete jerk! It is still wrong.

The book as a whole, but mostly the ending…
Throughout the entirety of The Elite barely nothing major happened or if it did it wasn't that much of a big deal. I am still confused about the whole rebel thing and their random appearances to stir up conflict in the novel. The characters and their actions were completely inconsistent. The ending left everything right back to where the characters were in the beginning of the novel. I couldn't help but think to myself after reading the whole book “what was the point of all this?”. If you skipped this The Elite and went straight to book # 3 you would not be missing out on anything. There were some fun moments in this book but the more I read the more I started to dislike the characters. I can’t think of even one character I like enough to continue reading this series.  Sadly, I think my journey into the world of the Selection officially ends here.


Add to goodreads [click here]



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails